The trend for the Paint Colors in 2022
As the Paint Colors in 2022 were announced by all the major paint brands, one trend totally stood out: most paint companies have selected some shade of soft GREEN as their Color of the Year 2022!
Let’s take a closer look:
- Benjamin Moore – a silvery green October Mist 1495.
- Sherwin Williams – an understated grey/green Evergreen Fog SW9130
- Behr – a soft cool Breezeway MQ3-21
- Glidden/PPG – a more intense Guacamole PPG1121-5 and a somewhat pistachio Olive Sprig PPG 1125-4
Why are the shades of Green so popular this year?
The terms we are hearing from the color experts are “growth”, “new beginnings” and “nature”.
Soft, pastel greens, such as sage are versatile and easy to use in any space. They can also be paired with neutral colors, metals and woods.
If you love the Green, you’ll have lots of choices but I would caution you to pay attention to the shade and the undertone of the paint color you’re considering.
As the “Green” might not be for everyone or you might want to pair it with some other neutral paint colors, let’s talk about the warm neutral paint colors.
The Warm Neutrals
The warm neutral paint colors, and particularly, warm whites are always on trend!
The top choices are cream, off white and even light beige.
Whether you’re updating your home for yourself or you’re looking to sell it, you can’t go wrong with one of these paint colors.
How do you choose from so many options?
The choices are almost limitless.
I will outline a few important questions to ask yourself:
- What paint brand do you prefer?
- What’s your budget? Some brands are more expensive than others.
- What paint colors are staying (if any)?
- Which undertone is the dominant one in the paint colors you already have?
- What color (and the undertone) is your floor and your furniture?
- How well lit is the space you’re painting? Each paint color has a LRV (light reflector value) which can help reflect the light and brighten your room up.
If you’d like some more details and explanations, you might want to check out my HOME STAGING PAINT COLOR GUIDE 2022.
My favorite 5 Warm Whites for any occasion
Did you know that you can purchase an up to date Paint Color Fans from the top brands?
I recommend doing so, at least for your favorite color palette, as the colors never look quite the same on your laptop or phone ????
My personal favorites are Benjamin Moore and Sherwin Williams.
Disclosure: As an affiliate for Amazon, I may receive a small commission from any purchases you make through this post.
These warm whites are true “classics”. They’ve been around for a few years and they are never out of style.
Benjamin Moore Acadia White OC-38
Benjamin Moore White Dove OC-17
Benjamin Moore Simply White OC-117
Sherwin Williams Westhighland White SW7566
Sherwin Williams Alabaster SW7008
You’ll find a complete list of my recommended white and off white paint colors in my HOME STAGING PAINT COLORS GUIDE 2022.
Staging to live?
Don’t have any plans to sell your home in the near future but want to update?
If you won’t be selling in the next 2-3 years, then go ahead and follow your decorating style and your heart!
In case you might be putting your home on the market in the next couple of years, my advice is to go more neutral on your walls/ceilings.
I prefer the neutral paint colors and accessorizing with more bold colors as I can easily change the look without having to repaint ????
My popular Paint Colors Guide 2022 (see below) focuses on neutral paint colors which are appropriate for both selling or staying.
Staging to sell?
The main goal of preparing your home for its best sale is to make it as turnkey and as appealing as possible to your prospective buyers. One of the BEST investments to achieve your goals is to update your PAINT!
If you feel overwhelmed when it comes to selecting the “perfect” paint color, then this guide is for you!
Home Staging Paint Colors Guide
Get all the tips and hacks for buying the right paint for selling or simply updating your home.
- Learn which paint finishes to buy for your walls, ceiling and baseboards/frames
- Understand the LRV (Light Reflectance Value) and how to select the correct one is going to help you sell your house
- Master the Paint Undertones so you’ll feel confident to combine paint colors for a cohesive look
- Steal our budget tips and hacks and save time and money
- Use our easy formula to calculate the quantity of paint correctly
- Choose from our 50+ paint color suggestions from 3 major brands, including
- The best trendy 2022 paint colors list
- The best Warm Whites and Neutrals paint colors list
The complete Paint Colors Guide is only $17 USD and includes a 20 minute consultation with me (by email or DM).